Skip to main content

How it all began

Two years ago I came up with a web portal called flickers.my.
It was (and still is) a place where I share some of the videos that I shot during my free time or between projects (and DURING projects). I started with the video of my grandmother. I spent some two hours talking/interviewing her about her history. I have to say that those two hours could easily be the longest duration I've spent with her. I knew things I've never knew before. As a result of that interview, I published 3 episodes of videos about her. Suddenly I'm hooked. Interviewing people became an avenue for me to learn history, but more than often - became humbled by their wisdoms.

Here's the interview video with my grandma:


At that very time I was also doing some videos for Galeri Chandan, an art gallery in Bukit Damansara, Kuala Lumpur. It was one of the first galleries to be doing videos on artists whom they showcase. This provided me chances to meet, interview and shoot some very important visual artists of our time - Yeoh Jin Leng, Yusuf Ghani, Dr Choong Kam Kow, Raja Shahriman, and many others.

Suddenly it dawned to me that all these people that I've interviewed had amazing stories to share. They are both meaningful (to me) and contains amazing wisdoms that I believe, should be shared with everyone I cared about.


Popular posts from this blog

The Making of DR Bubbles & Panda - Part 1

The story of DR Bubbles & Panda was inspired by real pandas. In June 2014, two pandas we loaned by the Chinese government to the Malaysian government in commemorating the two countries’ 40 years of diplomatic ties. The story was written by DR Bubbles himself, sometimes in July 2014. Character Design During the earlier discussions of the title, I started sketching the panda characters. There are two of them - a male and a female named Xing Xing and Liang Liang accordingly. (Pandas cannot live alone, they have live in pair.)  There are so many cute panda versions on the internet, so it’s quite difficult to make this one yours. Our version (for the book) has round circular heads, with big black noses. The black circles around the eyes are a must, as not to confused them with koalas. The black and white colour bands simply followed the normal colour schemes that you see on pandas. I was toying with the idea of giving the female panda a small skirt, but then I thou

Ketupat

My sister asked if i could draw her some ketupats for her school's Raya invitation card.

First Photography Post

Bukit Tabur, overlooking Klang Dam © Latfy A Latif